Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN)
- Near Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Up to £45,000 per annum
- Full time - 40 Hours Contract
- 60+ Bed Nursing, Dementia, Palliative Care Home
- Must have a valid NMC PIN
- Must be strong at Clinical Governanance as Management within the home are not clinical.
Our client is looking for an experienced Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN) to assist to provide high standards of nursing care where you can develop your nursing career with this beautiful Nursing, Dementia and Palliative Care Home near Stevenage
Reporting to the Registered Manager, the role of the Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN) will be to deliver excellence in the strategic and day to day clinical management of the 60+ bedded, providing and monitoring wound/ pressure sore care for a range of service users.
To be eligible for this position you must be a Registered Nurse RGN or Senior Nurse RGN or Clinical Lead RGN and have experience of managing service delivery in a complex nursing care environment.
Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN) Benefits
Within The Nursing Home, you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata).
- Free Parking
- Free Uniform
- Free mobile phone and laptop for work use.
- 28 days holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays.
- Full paid 3 days induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career.
- Structured training programmes (mandatory and specialised), some leading to accredited qualifications i.e. other management courses.
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS (formerly known as CRB) check
- Personal Development Programmes
- Support of our management team
- Your DBS costs paid for by the company.
Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN) Role
- Delivering person-centered care working closely with each resident, carrying out assessments, with the help of your team you’ll create and update individual care plans for our residents, maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date medication records.
- Be responsible for the clinical operation of the Home, taking full ownership and accountability for all aspects of the nursing provision in the Home including Audit and Compliance.
- Ensure the personal and nursing care of all residents in the Home meets the standards and requirements of the Company and to provide leadership in all aspects of nursing care according to the codes of the NMC and clinical governance. You’ll oversee and assist all aspects of nursing care/ activities within the home
- Knowledge of the current care practices laid down by the CQC
- You’ll provide the very best levels of clinical care, make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest of standards and optimising the wellbeing of every resident.
- Be responsible for the day to day Clinical Governance and Clinical Risk Management of the Home. Support the Registered Manager in ensuring that the Home is compliant with its obligations.
- It’s imperative that the correct staffing levels are maintained through efficient management of rotas, you’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home.
- Drawing on your clinical experience, you’ll provide day to day support and guidance to the team - promoting our residents' independence, choice and dignity.
- Creating and developing strong relationships with CQC, Local Authority, GP and other MDTs; you will liaise with these partners, playing an important role in raising the care home’s profile in the local area and beyond.
Who We're Looking for in a Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN)
· You will be a Registered Nurse RGN with Clinical skills and will have a valid NMC pin.
· You will be passionate about caring for the elderly, and always strive to provide great quality care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
· You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
· You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork as part of a multi-disciplined team.
· Good understanding of regulatory frameworks – NMC and CQC, as well as a desire to work in Elderly and Dementia care. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be caring, kind and compassionate.
· Commitment and reliability.
For more information and immediate interviews please call Care First UK on 01202 854777 (office hours) or 07810 349555 (evenings and weekends) or email your cv.